View Single Post
Old 2006-07-28, 18:35   Link #59
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

What I really want to know is why Shion stopped keeping a low profile by the time of the events in Watanagashi-hen. Although after rewatching bits of episode five and six the only people who clearly saw Mion and Shion together were K1, Ooishi, Takano and Tomitake and the latter three are not exactly what I would call your average Hinamizawa villagers. But if Shion kept the low profile why did she tell Keiichi about herself? Not wanting to repeat the mistake she did with Satoshi?

Quote:
When she finally meets with him again at the school (again this is after weeks of separation) his attitude towards her crushed her. I think in Shion's mind she knows she can't do much for Satoshi, but Satoko who's always around him can, but instead Satoko is causing him more pain. That's why Shion just burst out on Satoko. If only Satoko will "man up" at bit, take care of herself, and not push all her troubles on Satoshi, then Shion can do something for him. All Shion wants to do is love and care for Satoshi, but her feeling can't reach him b/c Satoko selfish pleas hurts Satoshi. Shion went to help Satoko clean up... and what happens? Satoko calls out for Ni-Ni over a trivial task that's already been taken care of... That attitude, that selfishness for wanting Ni-Ni to do every for her is what made Shion snap.
I think Shion's behaviour made sense. Some people have a low tolerance for crying children and although most don't go as far as Shion (thank goodness), with her being under so much pressure from various sides no wonder her reaction was so extreme.