View Single Post
Old 2012-08-31, 08:58   Link #2110
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
I prefer harem though since it has more possibilities unlike couple story which only holds little possibilities. Besides there are already many couple-themed stories already, harem-themed stories just got popular recently so keep making a couple-themed stories would look monotone.
Possibilities? Sure, that's important in stories wherein romance is important. However, what ever happened to Love Triangles, Squares, and Polygons? Did people suddenly forget they exist, and overwrote those sub genres with "harems"? In terms of romance, couple themed stories > harem themed stories.

Monotone? Seriously? No. Even the most cliche and generic story can be good if it's written and executed well. By that logic, yes, harem themed stories can also be good. And yes, that's true, as long as the harem doesn't get in the way of romance, since those two things usually go hand in hand.

And as for harem stories becoming popular as of late, well, that just says a lot about the interests of readers nowadays. Thankfully, though, that seems to mostly apply to stories coming out of Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Iyaiyaiyaiya... I'm in no way shape or form discuraging the main couple. I was saying Kirito x Asuna as main couple and Kirito x Everyone Else as others...
Oh, I know. I just fucking hate harems. :P
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote