View Single Post
Old 2009-05-20, 10:24   Link #47
Magnus N

Send a message via MSN to Magnus N
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAJ View Post
Okay, here's the problem with these arguments. They are all the same. No new points are ever brought up. Let's look at it this way ... The whole "he's popular so he gets screen time and power ups!" thing is getting old. You know who else is popular? Shunsui. You know who else? Ukitake. But do they get any screen time? No. Point is, it's not so much the FANS who are judging how much air time he gets. It's Kubo. Hell, he was getting a lot of airtime even before those polls. Maybe Kubo just really likes this character. But regardless, that argument is old.

Another thing is the whole "well he's fighting 3! But he was struggling with Lupi! This is so stupid!" You know what? I can kind of agree with this. Accept, I see the WHOLE situation as stupid, where other people are just seeing it as stupid BECAUSE It's Hitsugaya. Nevermind the fact that Soi Fon absolutely should NOT be fighting Barragan. The fact that in all reality, Captain-Commander should have taken out as many Arrancar as possible when he released his Shikai. Because it's a WAR. War is all out chaos.

Point is, this whole scene shouldn't be happening unless it's being used as Dues Ex Machina. The reason I say that is because we were told that Shinigami had a limit, and to break that limit you must gain hollow powers. Therefore Hollow/Shinigami hybrids should be just stronger. Period. Just better in EVERYWAY. But from what we've seen, these "incredibly powerful" arrancar are nothing more but fodder. Again. Which is really depressing. If the storyline was going in the same direction as it was trying to direct itself to a couple of years ago, we wouldn't have this battle at all, really. It'd be up to the Vizards to match the might of the Arrancar. But instead ... The captains are able to do it.

If Ichigo is captain level, and also a Vizard, yet he straight up died to the level four Espada, then how is it that captain level shinigami with no hollow powers are holding ground? Any of them?

Don't get me wrong, I love Shunsui, and I REALLY want to see him do something amazing. Even if he won, I wouldn't be upset, only because it'd be sort of like a "see? He really is strong, he just never fights", sort of deal. But in all reality, he should lose. Only because of what we saw with the fourth level Espada. As should Soi Fon, and so should Hitsugaya. That is IF these Espada are going to have ANY more character development and actually contribute to the series. If not, they are simply Dues Ex Machina. They are being used to go "man they sure are strong! But look the good guys won! Oh wait .. you mean those Espada weren't the strongest? Then who IS? Oh no!" sort of deal.

The point is, it's stupid to constantly rant about Hitsugaya fighting Halibel when in all reality, it's stupid for any of them to be fighting, unless they were Vizard. But that's just it. It's Shounen, so when you try to make too much sense of it, it's just going to be depressing. You just need to sit back and enjoy what's being given to you and try not to question too much, or you will find the loop holes and end up disliking it. Just. Let. It. Go.

Bold part is not all true though.

The part that if you have reached your limit as a shinigami to become stronger you need to go hollowmode is, but everyone have different limits.

So if a weaker shinigami breaks his limits and gain hollowpowers doesnt have to make him stronger then a shinigami that has a higher limit imo