Thread: Licensed KimiKiss pure rouge
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-02, 18:25   Link #4081
Anime-fan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's been a while since I've seen this show, but I would sort of agree that this show is rather "emotionally intense" since there is a fair bit of drama that gets extended through the whole show and causes a lot of tension. I do enjoy these sorts of shows, but I do agree that they can be a bit draining. I suppose this is why they only show up every once in a while, and it's much more common to have shows that are either more light-hearted/comedic, or mix in other elements to spread the focus. It's perhaps particularly noteworthy that with Amagami (the next game in the series) they chose a much less "tense" approach by giving each character her own set of episodes to tell her own romance story. While this approach also has some downsides (namely the lack of a cohesive linear narrative and consistent characterization), it seems to have been a bit more popular on the domestic front and perhaps reflects the game's style a bit more closely.

Given that it's been so long, I am a bit curious about re-watching the show. I think that, as is often the case in this genre, knowing where things are headed gives you a different perspective on earlier events, and insight into some more subtle clues/hints you might have missed the first time around. In a way it can also be a bit less intense the second time, but I still find myself getting caught up in it again even when re-watching.
Yeah, sometimes I find myself catching things I hadn't originally as well. It's the same for me when it comes to books and movies. I definitely understand how you feel in regards to getting caught up in those emotions all over again. I honestly don't think I've seen a romance anime like this which has had such an emotionally draining impact on me. It's been a couple of days and I'm still feeling some of those emotions, not as strongly, but they're definitely still here for me to tap into if I think about it. I really enjoyed KimiKiss, but I just don't know if I can ever watch it again. I find it really interesting in regards to what you said about this type of anime only coming around once in a while while light-hearted romance anime is released more frequently; I agree w/ that b/c I haven't noticed many anime like KimiKiss lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I re-watched this not too long ago and enjoyed it. Definitely a good series to re-watch.
Yeah, it's a very good series, but I definitely can't watch this any time soon again. Not sure if I can watch it ever again, haha. This anime was such a roller coaster of emotions for me.
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote