View Single Post
Old 2014-07-08, 04:01   Link #333
black_cat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrSh4dy View Post
That would make the current major magic plothole even more obvious.

Take his regrowth power. When Lina blasted his arm to ash he was able to reconstruct it, however where did the "material" to reconstruct his arm come from?
In our world there is this balance that whatever you do to molecular structures the atoms that formed that previous structure still exist but in different forms.
So did he gather all the scattered atoms, molecules and energy restructured it to "regrow" his arm?

Considering the speed this seems unlikely thus it's obvious that what Tatsuya does breaks the worlds physics . Which are the same in Mahouka world as in ours as far as I can tell. Besides we where told that magicians in general just fool physics creating certain effects.
Precisely, magicians fool the Eidos to create phenomenons. Eidos exists in a different dimension call Idea, just simply think of it like code in a program. Eidos control real-world events so if you can control Eidos then you can control phenomenons. "Regrowth" only commands the Eidos to restore its information to the time before injuries happen, then Eidos will do the work and create phenomenon such as reconstructing Tatsuya's arm. You can image it just like when we delete some word in MS-WORD then use Ctrl+Z to restore them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrSh4dy View Post
Any way on to Material burst.
To keep it simple what material burst does is breaking the "shell/bonds" of the targets atoms which results in a direct conversion to energy (it's infinitely more complex then that but I wouldn't be able to explain it all).
However if he reconstructs this object he would need to restore all that energy and essentially recreate matter from energy (restoring all the bonds that where there before etc.). But that energy is not there anymore the explosion and the destruction is what that energy has "changed" into. So to recreate he should technically take the energy from someplace else and use that to recreate his targeted object.... seems unlikely he could do that. Then again he can magically restore his arm without using molecules/atoms etc. so who am I to say he can't, it's just that I can't see it happening
You go too deep, man. LN already said that Tatsuya can control the Eidos, he doesn't need to care about those complex stuffs you said. Tatsuya only needs to command the Eidos and let them do the work. Just like normal people can use Window but they don't understand the mechanisms behind it.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote