View Single Post
Old 2014-07-08, 05:13   Link #337
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrSh4dy View Post
From what I understood about the concept of magic in this series is that a magician just fools the laws of physics for a short while.
For example Miyuki's ice magic just slows down the individual particles creating the ice effect (this is how it works in our world as well) this ability to alter the state of matter is what a magician in Mahouka series does and what is obviously impossible in our world.
Miyuki doesn't create ice from nothing she uses the existing laws of physics and influences them to create ice. To do this she uses the fictional Eidos and Idea. However to actually create something out of nothing is impossible for all but Tatsuya.

Why the author overlooked this I don't know it just breaks with what he has established in this series (magic=manipulation of physics).
This doesn't mean I think regrowth isn't possible just at the speeds Tatsuya is able to doesn't make sense.

PS: Eidos is some sort of weird magical energy that a magician uses to interfere with objects,atoms, molecules etc..
Magic is not manipulation of physics. It's reality warping with various duration, Tatsuya already explained how magic fools the laws of physics. It is better explained in the newly translated background of volume 5

Spoiler for Quote:
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote