Old 2013-02-21, 07:57   Link #3373
chaosprophet

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by maririn View Post
latest interview with Kawamori regarding AKB0048
ofcourse in Japanese

http://www.excite.co.jp/News/reviewm...47.html?_p=all

AKB0048 is more harder to do than Macross?
There seems to be a lot of interesting info on this. I will talk about a few although it would be nice if someone could do a more detailed one later (and correct me if I understand anything wrong XD).

Interviewer comments about how surprising it was that Mimori became Mariko and was the first KKS to succeed. Kawamori says that who was the first one to become a successor and who she was going to succeed was something they decided on the meetings for season 2 (but after season 1).

Interviewer says that looking at it afterwards, Mimori does indeed have some Mariko characteristics like supporting the others members from behind. Kawamori says it was indeed those characteristics Mimori had that made them decide to have her become Mariko, and as it wasn't planned beforehand it's almost as if she earned the name herself.

Kawamori says we can expect big developments from episode 21 onward. Interviewer ask if it will feel like it's a different genre. Kawamori agrees and comments on how he dislike the genre labels as he feel they can limit the potential of a work.

Kawamori on the end recommends people to watch it in a big TV if they can (apparently there may be interesting things / hints of future occurrences happening in the background of big scenes even from season 1?). He also recommends viewers to, if possible, watch AKB48 last year documentary "DOCUMENTARY of AKB48 Show must go on 少女たちは傷つきながら、夢を見る" because it may make them able to enjoy the show in more ways.

Now I'm interested in that documentary XD.

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2013-02-21 at 13:25.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote