View Single Post
Old 2011-07-01, 19:46   Link #191
Westlo
Lets be reality

Working off Munto being 1k (guess) and Nichijou 3k (first week was 3.5k in total, BDs did 2.5k) KyoAni's series avg atm is.. roughly 20k. They do another 2 "Nichijous" and 1 "Munto" than their avg is 17k. They do another Haruhi that does... say 45k (Movie + Newest novels being massive) and their avg goes backup to 19k.

So they can have 3 flops and just one big series will get them back to where they are right now and make more profit easily than the money they lost on those 3 series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Which is why I said they can pretty much laugh all the way to the bank RIGHT now, but long term, that's not necessarily the case.
They will be fine for at least 5 years.... and after that.. it's not like KEY won't release games in that time or Kadokawa won't give them the newest hot LN property in that time... heck they can "retreat" to FMP and be profitable...

Quote:
They can drag out the Haruhi adaptions for awhile, and perhaps Rewrite may be something adaptable in the near future (Planetarian OVA possibly too).
If they go back in their shell I wouldn't be surprised too see a Tomoyo After adaption... easy 10k... some studios would die to get one 10k series....

Quote:
This is all fine and dandy, and yes, they very well can retreat back into their shell (Though I wouldn't really call Nichijou as venturing too far off form their usual...), and not try to do anything, but that'd be incredibly disappointing.
Always said it was a slight change, nothing drastic, but it flopping doesn't exactly bode well for them not retreating into their shell.... I hope they surprise me..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote