View Single Post
Old 2007-08-02, 23:17   Link #270
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Well, most of his battles that he won without Geass were won because he knows the other style of play. Clovis was an easy victory because he knows how Clovis thinks. After he was beaten by Cornelia he adjusted and countered. Britannia is, if anything, simply underestimating Lelouch or thinks like Clovis, that numbers win.
There's a difference between knowing style of play and being able to adjust.

I'd be very disappointed if the Britannia military commanders were so moronic as to really not understand that war is a fluid, ever-changing thing and that doing the same thing repeatedly is, in fact, death.

Battles are different from each other, and in order to win, regardless of your superiority in various fields (numbers, technology, etc.), you have to be able to go with the flow...

Britannia seems very... Okay, I think if I say this I am going to answer my own question so I'm gonna shut up now about this and sulk for a bit.

Maybe not.

Anyway, yeah, they are underestimating Lulu, I acknowledge that, but even so. They have to be using something in the way of Soviet military doctrine at the very least, which does not allow field commanders to act on initiative as the battle changes around them. It's just fishy to me that the Britannians seem totally incapable of beating a high school student who, while a genius at chess, is... just that. A student. Not a battle-hardened commander. Which, I guess, now he is... But... that's not my point. >_>
Quote:
Geass then serves as both Heroic plot device and devil's influence. It does both good and bad for Lelouch, making it much less gimicky than other plot devices (beam spam, Suzaku) we've seen in the past.
Oh, beam spam. ^_^

Like the Gawain isn't beam spam? lol

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote