View Single Post
Old 2010-10-27, 07:33   Link #27579
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Up on FF.net right here, we have the largest-yet chapter of Infinity!
Ladies and gentlemen, I do believe things just got a bit dramatic.
I'll say, how are you going to top this if you want to continue your plans to have Nanoha save all of ordered space every six months or so?

Quote:
I usually make a few errors, and I was approaching this chapter like it was a foe I had sword blood-vengeance on . There's probably mistakes abounding.
Oh, they're there. Let's see how many we can find on this pass.

Quote:
But neither of you two is leaving my sight alive
That's "neither of you two are leaving my sight alive," and the last part of the sentence should be "...your own necks."

Quote:
She tried to get away, but she had a pretty bad angle, and use of Bardiche in this particular situation could far-too-easily end in her hitting herself in the head while trying to attack her captor's… dragger's?... hand.
Next time Fate finds herself in this situation, she could try smacking her grabber with spells. Would mess him up even if they don't hit.

Quote:
Unfortunately for Arf, this also meant that was in Amaterasu's field of vision.
"this also meant that she was in..."

Quote:
"It was a signal for the Mercury to commence operations under Commodore Bentz.
"... ... HA!" Commodore Taurus Gantz said cheerfully.
So, is it Bentz or Gantz, or are we dealing with two Commodores here?

Quote:
This was the Master Control Gate, the central core of the system that acted as the guidepost for all the others.
Something tells me that was the key to how the Empire fell the last time around. It's probably how they're going end this revival too, isn't it? Not that I'd expect a straight answer...

Quote:
In a lot of ways, artificial gravity is very convenient. It doesn't pull you 'down', it pulls you 'towards the center of the ship'.
That's only if your ship was designed like a sphere, with the AG source at the core. That's a good design, avoids boundary problems that other designs with AG would have. I'm not sure if Bureau ships are designed that way though.

Quote:
somewhere in hte middle of relief, surprise and pleasure.
"...in the middle..."

Stunning chapter. But, like I said, how are you going to top this one in the future? And if you do, dealing with the Doctor will seem like a vacation for Nanoha and company by the time Strikers rolls around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
The length is a big (pun intended) deterent too. Like looking up at Mount Everest If I'm in for a long ride, I have to be there at the beginning so things are spaced out between releases.
Weakling. Try reading a real novel some time. Not one of those 500 page thinnies, but something with 750 pages of single-spaced text or more! This would have just been a short chapter in such tome! I devour books like that in an afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
The problem with Nanoha is that it is a rather villain-light franchise, after all.
Goes with the territory. They use only one set of villans per season. Unlike a more episodic series, where they might have to deal scores of independant villans per season.

Come to think of it, that might be an interesting way to structure a new season of Nanoha...
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote