Thread: A Laugh A Day
View Single Post
Old 2009-01-11, 22:39   Link #3434
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Seriously, not sure how you find slititng wrists to be funny, let alone confirm and post the 'right way' to go about it. No form of physical self harm should be taken in jest, (short of using yourself as an example if you must joke about it). But I could have done without knowing that it's not 'horizontlly' but 'vertically' to what? Maximise the amount of veins we can slit open? Gee thanks, I'll be off to buy my razor then.
Do we also get a bonus picture and diagram of how to successfully go about posioning ourselves with carbon monoxide using a car in a garage too?

Of course if people think I need to lighten up and could possibly explain the humour of posting pics with implications, direct and indirect to slitting wrists, I'd love to hear it, really I would, cause last time I checked, the reality is far from funny.
The joke is that they're treating a subject like suicide with a little instructional poster that a cute easily and catchy catchphrase. The dissonance between form and content is the source of the humor.

Incidentally, from what I hear cutting the wrong way is pretty much impossible to die from, it just hurts. Although quite a few people do try to commit suicide like that, presumably to the relief of their families.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote