View Single Post
Old 2008-10-13, 20:13   Link #16
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakult View Post
So I woke up at around 5:00 AM with a swollen ring finger (right hand) and an itchy area near my thumb (metacarpal). I was freaking out at finger and thought that I broke my finger while sleeping (haha...), but I realized that my roommate left the door open.

However, I see no -clear and visible- bites. It may be a bug/spider bite due to the itching, but I'm not too sure due to the lack of a clear and visible bite (and the fact that the thumb's metacarpal is far from the ring finger... odd that those two separate areas would have symptoms: the metacarpal itching and the ring finger swollen and unable to be bent).

After eight more hours of sleep, the swollen finger got a bit better and it is less swollen. Good sign I guess, but what do you guys think? Bug bite? This is the first time that I had something swell up THIS MUCH. In fact, my previous bug bites only swelled up on the area of contact, but this time my entire finger (and a little bit of the area following it) was bloated.
Swollen finger with itch? If its just swollen finger, it could be something serious like high cholesterol, but that shouldn't occur with itch. If its itchy near the swollen finger, then its most likely an insect bite. Either apply some lotion or leave it alone, it heals by itself usually.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote