View Single Post
Old 2009-11-16, 04:09   Link #4665
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Personally, I prefer him choosing one. If there's something I hate about Hayate is his indecisiveness. He cares for one girl the most. If he's aware of who that girl is, then he just should follow his feelings and protect that girl. I mean, this is not the type of decision in which there is right or wrong. In this case, he should just make a decision, and make sure he'll make that decision become the right one.
I would want him to choose too, but motivated by himself and not forced/influenced to make a (hasty) decision by others. In this case, its a cliche. The old man/person with power or in charge forces the indecisive boy to make a decision of a life time. Hayate is the main character of a harem manga afterall, so this can't be helped. You don't see a main character in a harem manga maintaining a harem while only having one girl he has his eyes set on often. For us, there is no right or wrong answer, but for Hayate there is, since he is too dense/slow to realize that he just need to make the decision he makes right.

Scenario 1:
Right (Hayate's POV): He refuses to destroy the stone, protects Nagi's inheritance.
Wrong (Hayate's POV): Unable to break the connection Athena has with the spirit.
Scenario 2:
Right (Hayate's POV): He breaks the stone, breaks the connection Athena has with the spirit.
Wrong (Hayate's POV): Failing to fulfill his duty to protect his Ojou-sama's inheritance.

There could always be a Scenario 3, and I think Scenario 3 is the most likely, since its cliche that there is always a solution to both problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Also, he'd have had to choose at some point. What better time than now?
The timing might be good for us, but it's obviously not good for Hayate.

Last edited by Koroshiya_Kame_13; 2009-11-16 at 04:20.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote