View Single Post
Old 2010-10-03, 03:26   Link #17851
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeckledorf View Post
I could see Ryukishi going for an accident, I mean there are not very many ways for Battler to present a 'tale filled with love', or however Battler said it, without one.
I don't think "filled with love" means that people wouldn't do evil things, just that, just because they did something evil doesn't mean they enjoy doing those things, and/or they are inherently evil.

Take a look at Rosa and Maria or Eva and Ange. Rosa and Eva were terrible guardians, but that didn't mean they didn't care for the kids they were taking care of. We've seen Rosa does love Maria, and in the "Witches Tanabata" TIP, we saw Eva did try to start anew with Ange. However, in both situations, things became complicated, and Rosa and Eva treated Maria and Ange rather poorly. With love, you can understand their circumstances (of course, what sort of judgement to give to their actions after you get full understanding of their circumstances is, in my opinion, an entirely different matter). However, without love you'll see them as plainly shitty guardians who didn't care for their children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by estdesoda View Post
How would the hospital swap explain:

Usiromiya Battler is born from Usiromiya Asumu.
Well, I think there are several possible theories. For example, Rudolph and Asumu may have planned to name their kid Battler, but Asumu's kid was stillborn. This could have happened before or during the same day Kyrie delivered - I'm saying this could have happened before, because I find it rather suspicious Asumu and Kyrie delivered on the same day and there's also the whole deal about Rudolph arranging everything especially for Kyrie. Anyway, through connections, Rudolph made it look as if Kyrie's kid was the stillborn one, and Asumu's the live one. Rudolph named Kyrie's kid Battler, since that's how he planned to name Asumu's kid. Asumu may, or may not have been aware of this. As for why Rudolph did this. I think there are several possible reasons. Three of these would be: 1. He really wanted to marry Asumu, so he made it look as if Asumu's kid was the one who lived. 2. He didn't want his kid to be raised in the Sumadera household. 3. He was already engaged with Asumu and didn't want Kyrie to be burdened with a child.