View Single Post
Old 2011-12-08, 16:55   Link #556
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatterx76 View Post
Is there any word on the ep 12 directors cut that I've seen mentioned?

Thanks
There was none. Episode 12 didn't have any more changes in the BluRay-version than any other episode in the series. Which is to say, some minor touch-ups to the animation in places as well as a few scenes that looked like they were changed just for the heck of it. (Like making the clouds darker in the first scene. Totally adds so much to the scene, doesn't it?)

Episode eleven on the other hand, did have some extra dialogue relating to the effects of the WN (Normal people can't see them, and so the effects of their presence are typically attributed to earthquakes or similar natural disasters... gee, I wonder why that was cut out of the TV-broadcast) and a bit more focus on the people taking shelter and stuff... (Plus Homura attacking the VN with SHAFT missiles... Seriously, they added the word "SHAFT" along the cannons on the battlecruiser Homura attacked the WN with.) So it might have just been a typo by whoever wrote the news, and the "Director's cut"-thing was actually referring to episode 11.

EDIT: Also, I noticed that RightStuf appears to have some of the Madoka figmas available for pre-order...But only an extremely limited supply, five of each. I ordered the Sayaka-one immediately and then later decided that, by god, what kind of cruel person would get the Sayaka-figma without also getting her basically canon love-interest? So I also ordered Kyouko. Incidentally, it appears that the Sayaka-figma is now no longer available for purchase, so I guess the extremely limited supply sold out. I just hope I was among the first five people to order them both...