Thread: Surprise me
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-07, 03:18   Link #8
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

One upside of all this is it's forcing me to update my watched list.

Azumanga Daioh and Nichijou are both shows I've partially seen. They're both fine.

I haven't seen Ramen Fighter Miki, though now that you bring it up, it's a show I remember wanting to see. It somehow slipped off my radar.

I'll see if I can dig up Blame, though it's rare that I find shorts interesting, regardless of media (ie: print as well). The exception has usually almost always been comedy.

I've seen both Jin Roh and Perfect Blue. Both are shows I enjoyed, at least at the time they were released. Haven't seen Perfect Blue in years, but I remember the last time I saw Jin Roh within the last year or two, and wondering why I thought it was so awesome back when it came out. :/ Sometimes it's best not to ruin old memories.

I moderately enjoyed Paranoia Agent. Even if I thought Lain was up there with Akira as being the most overbilled anime ever.

Yes, I have somehow managed to skip Nanoha and all its incarnations completely. Maybe I'll give it a shot. You may have noticed a dearth of magical girl shows in my list.

I loved Mermaid Forest.

I've actually seen Rozen Maiden. That was a tough one to grade, as I hated the loli-dolls, but if I could ignore that aspect, it was a pretty good story.

Spice and Wolf is the first show I've seen that was missing from my list that surprised me, as it should have been there. I loved the first season. I felt, at the time, like I was its biggest (and only) fanboy. Second season, not so much. Edit: Nevermind. They are there. But MAL lists it in its Japanese name, rather than as Spice and Wolf. I knew I couldn't possibly have forgotten them.

I've seen Uta (which is what I shorten it to). I consider it bouncing between a 7 and an 8. It took me multiple tries to get into, as the beginning is anything but compelling.

As for Shana III, I suspect the long layoff between II and III contributed to me simply not being interested at all in the continuing story, which is why I dropped it. Maybe one day (week), I'll marathon I, II, and III to see if the material being fresh in mind makes me enjoy it more.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote