View Single Post
Old 2007-05-19, 14:10   Link #18
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Let me ask this,
If the purpose of Fansubs is to spread anime as merchandise, then why aren't all anime subbed?
And why are others consciously over-subbed? =)
This will be a bit offtopic, I apologize for that, but some time ago I had this funky idea about fansubbing and merchandise advertising, basically fansubbers making short commercial blocks in the middle of fansubbed episodes. Perhaps making a clip just a few seconds long advertising products that can/will be found on the internet (figurines, artbooks etc.), with appropriate links to them. Of course, there would be no ad revenue involved in this , but I'm positive it would stimulate if only a few fansub watchers to start taking interest in the products the industry has to offer. Fansubbers could call it "Today's Featured Product", "Lucky Channel's Goodies Corner" or something along those lines. I know fansubbers shouldn't be doing the industry's job, but I don't think it's that worse from illegally distributing their content. I know a few fansubbers would be willing to do that, because most of them aren't just yar-har-fiddle-dee-dee pirates but also fans who do purchase the available merchandise.

It sounds a bit crazy but it would be a first. I'll be more than willing to do it when I make my own fansubbing group.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote