View Single Post
Old 2008-02-26, 03:53   Link #46
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post

3) Myself ; Yourself
-Where should I start. Oh right, the ending. I agree that it wasn't top-notched, but people will rate this anime very low just because the ending was bad and they forgot about the arc(s) they like. Others say that Hinako has no purpose and should be given less screen time, but I enjoy her episodes a lot even if it doesn't fit into the plot. There are many more reasons given on why this anime sucks, but since it's used to promote a game, I didn't choose to look too deep into this anime and just enjoy the slice-of-life-ish aspect of the anime plus some random drama.
On the contrary - i consider the Hinako episodes among the best thing the show had to offer Hinako was a good character and provided me with more entertainment than the rest of show managed though, as i believe than it falls in to verious degrees of sloppy writing whenever the "plot" was concerned, and the romance between the main pair felt nothing short of forcibly developed the way it was portrayed. I "dislike" the show for various reasons, and the ending was just the icing on the cake, not some major turning oint; i wasn't expecting them to wrap it up in a satisfactory manner at that point, and they didn't fail my expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Canvas2 and Shuffle!, while not hated in general, have hated endings. Which leads a lot of people to hate the series themselves (see: Myself; Yourself Syndrome). I personally loved the endings and the series they belong
to (well, Shuffle's 1st half was a chore to get through, but the second half was gold).
While Canvas 2 indeed gets its share of dislike, i have seen plenty of people have high opinion on this one. And i am one of them. It offers some notable characterization and growth for the female lead, a memorable cast of secondary characters and the characters actually have lives and issues that exist even without the male lead being there. Aside from having two semi-filler episodes along the way there is very little bad i can say about the show, nor about the ending which i have little problems with. The ending decision he made seems right to me, and i would question anyone who says otherwise. (Though in Canvas thread). There were plenty of hints scattered through the anime. It isn't as "in-your-face" as most romance anime tend to make them, but they are present and they do make sense, and i would urge people to pay closer attention As it stands, Canvas 2 remains my no1 anime as far as VN -> anime conversions of this genre go.

There is not much positive i can say about the last arc of Shuffle though, as characterization pretty much fell apart there and characters seemed to be yanked around by director's strings in order to deliver us some drama. It isn't the worst thing ever, but i don't consider it anywhere near good either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Soul Link. I'm not going to claim it was the greatest series ever, but it wasn't that bad. I enjoyed it at least. It had rather stale characters, but that only makes it average. If you hear some people talk, they consider it one of the worst anime ever, which I think is unfair.
I guess i will respectfully disagree here: i really do think it was that bad I do consider Soul Link as one of the worst things i have ever seen. There isn't one positive thing i can say about it, only lots of negative, going from the "plot", to characters themselves and to animation, all of which were poorly handled to put it very nicely. It is rare for me to say "I want the time i spent watching this back", but this is one of those cases. Best quote i have seen regarding the series is "In fact, by episode 9, I was actually DARING the series to dissapoint me further...and it DID!"

Now, to contribute something besides ranting ..

Green Green! Now, i am not sure if this one is universally disliked, but i have seen it getting quite a lot of flack. I can see why people would dislike it, and i would likely agree with a lot of the criticism, but there is one thing i found this show to be: absolutely hilarious. It made me laugh like not many other things, and i don't think the show was aiming for anything more than that It isn't exactly the best story ever, but it sure provided a fair dose of entertainment, and i waled away rather satisfied