View Single Post
Old 2008-06-11, 23:38   Link #53
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
What do you mean? There isn't all that much improvisation or bugs in the later works.
Mostly just the fact they all transform. The only reason the original does it so that they can use the main cannon, and it's very much not ideal. I guess I could see a module system as being somehow redundant, but my impression is that giant transforming robots is performed purely for asthetics in future Macross series. It's not Macross if it doesn't transform.

Quote:
You're misreading Minmei: she's always earnest in what she says. Where she's weird is that she doesn't have a proper sense of proportion, and that's partially where she gets her strength from. I get the feeling that Hikaru finds both of these traits attractive in her.
I'm curious as to how she'd react if Hikaru does die. She's apparently not worried about him since he's a great pilot, and worrying in general is silly according to her. If it was simply that she believed everything was going to be alright no matter what unless it was obvious it wasn't, I could buy into it since that's what Faith is all about.

Quote:
Riber was Misa's only crush/boyfriend/lover, and she was still at least partially in love with him at the time SDF-1 received the Mars Base message. Heck, even after she knew he was dead, she still wasn't entirely over him. You can call it an irrational reaction, but it's not a silly one.
Entertaining the hope he was still alive, wanting to find some trace of him even if he wasn't, those things I can understand and appreciate. Just that she willfully ignores radio contact, resolves to die, and resists rescue, that's just too much, even if the guy had only gone missing within the last week after proposing marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
There's a lot of things to like about that episode. On the one hand, we see the Zentradi set up a rather clever trap, we see more of Kamjin's recklessness, and the real hero of the day was actually Misa going into the base itself. And of course, this was one of the first episodes to transform Misa from being an archetype into a rounded character.
I especially liked how well set up the trap was. More than that, I liked seeing the details of trap being gradually revealed to the viewer without it being obvious to the people being lured into the trap (the attacks disabling Macross's rocket boosters, while diverting it's course towards Mars). It was very subtle, yet very detailed.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote