View Single Post
Old 2011-01-19, 05:06   Link #2803
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter 923 View Post
What i don't like about making every Episode fictional is the meta world. It is basicly ignoring that Battler from EP1 got in the meta world and did fight with Beatrice over several Episodes. The whole "Battler remembers his crime and finds Beatrice's truth" is a long road in the meta world beginning from EP1. I can't see how this fits into the Author theory
If you're talking about the Author Theory that some of us discuss on here, then Meta-Battler is technically one of the characters in the fiction. And the Meta World is also part of the fiction, to some degree.

The Author Theory isn't just that the stories are fiction. That's one of the early forms of the theory. The one I proposed (or rather the theory I proposed that makes it so that it's not useless) states that the episodes were written with clues and truth in mind; so that the authors are compelling you to try and find the truth or to convey the truth, etc.

Especially so for Beatrice/Yasu's stories.

The full explanation is in my signature link, under Umineko Unified Theories. The theories there only spoil till EP6. I haven't needed to update any of them after EP7 or 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
As I said previously, Erika is confirmed in red not to exist in any of the other kakera. However, accortding to the TIPS in ep 6, her family reports that she was around the area when "The rokkenjima explosion" occured. This must mean that Erika actually has a family and they do not take part in the story, nor do they matter.
My idea is that the Erika that we see in EP5 and 6 may not even really be the Rokkenjima Prime Erika. Or, basically her character and the idea that she is a traditional 'Great Detective' doesn't really hold water for Rokkenjima Prime in my opinion. How can there be a 'detective character' in a real world? So, I believe the person 'Furudo Erika' was hijacked into a character for EP5 and 6 and her portrayal in those stories may not even slightly resemble the Erika from Rokkenjima Prime.

But yah, her family, and her real world circumstances don't seem to really count in EP5 and 6... she seems to be a character of convenience... 8)