View Single Post
Old 2012-09-12, 12:29   Link #1295
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
There is no credible rationalization for Tobi's actions. The author simply went for the fangasm route
I don't disagree with this particular portion of what you have written. Kishimoto does have a habit of exalting certain figures. Still, I felt this 'fight' was in the realm of possibility, especially if Tobi was really a 16 year old Obito when they fought. (And yes, the fight was retconned at least once, and will probably be retconned again during a future flashback.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
We didn't?
Did we?

Did we know Minato could transport foreign attacks through his seals? Did we know that Minato could transport other people or even Bijuu? Did we know that Minato could transport himself while the seal is in motion (considering in all other instances the seal was at rest)? No we did not. (I'm also unclear if we knew he could use the technique beyond his kunai (by affixing the seal on a person or another object), but that is a very simple logical step). There was plenty about Hiraishin that was unknown before the flashback (and some that was retconned in).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote