View Single Post
Old 2013-02-18, 18:46   Link #127
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i thought about that, but at the time sasuke showed off his MS, tobirama still believed that he could break out of the edo-tensei. it was only afterward that he tried and failed. so since he thought he could break free from ET, he should have been wary of the MS since that has the potential to put him under an inescapable genjutsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
I am also interested also in the senju apparent lack of concern for the sharingan be it either gimmick or otherwise...
I do agree here that Sasuke has only flashed his EMS briefly and it didn't seem to be with much aggression. He didn't release any killing intent which is usually how he lets others know he's not playing around, (like when he first meets Sai or his fights against Deidra and the Raikage). So I wouldn't even call it "pointing a gun", more like pulling back your coat and revealing you carry a gun. Even putting that aside, what exactly could even be accomplished placing them in a genjutsu?

There's no reason to confuse/trick them with an illusion. They all pretty much have zero control over their movement (Tobirama began to resist only after Sasuke had already shut off his EMS, and then put in his place quickly after that), the only exception is Hashirama who is already cooperating. They are all sharing info freely so no reason to use genjutsu to force them to reveal what they know. The only possible use is to place the Hokage in an illusion which causes pain. Again, pointless except to subdue them. So I don't see how genjutsu is of much use to Sasuke, or why it would be much concern for the Hokage.

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2013-02-18 at 19:01.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote