View Single Post
Old 2011-06-25, 09:25   Link #7938
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Clovis' fandom has practically everything to do with the side of him shown from the Sound Drama, and his love for art.
Probably true (can't say for sure as I've talked to only a few other Clovis fans), but I have to say I was extremely intrigued even before that. I'm not much of an art person myself, but I thought it interesting that there was a painting of Lelouch, Nunnally and Marianne, and that Euphie remarked on the "gentle colors" Clovis generally picked. And then I learned that a) he used to argue with Lelouch all the time and b) he rebuilt the Aries Villa on top of the government building, and yeah.

The SD just gave me something to actually work with, making me go from "aw" to "omgomgomg must over-analyze". I have this thing for almost-obsessive brotherly love, little screen-time and tragic irony. And let's not forget the massive issues the royal family in general has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vk531 View Post
You have a point. When you look for clovis specific fiction you actually get a lot less than I expected. 25 is double what Ohgi gets, but it's still pretty minor. I guess it just stuck in my head or people were just into the fabulous. And, yeah, I can't really put Clovis and honor in the same sentence with a straght face. In his case I meant something more along the lines of general human worth. But if we're going to be picking at semantics, I wouldn't say "trigger happy" accurately represents genocide, either
I pretty much agree with this - though I think considering it's Code Geass we're talking about, "trigger happy" works to convey the general sentiment (for example, compare that to Schneizel, who kills lots of people, but actually prefers diplomacy and puts a lot of thought into the shit he does). I'm also not sure it qualifies as genocide - Clovis was not trying to systematically erase the Japanese, but rather was killing a huge number of them to cover his own ass. Mind you, it's still a horrible thing to do, but I don't think it fits the definition of genocide.

Quote:
I really can't shake the feeling that I've seen more than a few people defending him, though. Eh, maybe the I just noticed the exceptions.
You don't happen to know where I can find those people, do you? Because that would be sort of awesome, and if only until it turns out they really are more obsessed than me.