View Single Post
Old 2004-02-14, 19:23   Link #14
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
Hmm...i could of sworn i read somewhere that we are allowed to make 1 backup copy of anything we own (only as backups, and to not be used at the same time as the original) to "protect our investment" i'm so confused now -_- oh well...i guess i'll have to go do some research...

but i did find this quote on a few sites and although it doesn't talk about software i would assume it's similar...but then again US laws can be very confusing...if i'm able to find anything else i'll post it here...

on a side note if anyone can prove me wrong please do so and provide evidence to support it...
Well, afaik circumventing dvd copyright protection *is* against the DCMA.

As far as backups. Well, read the EULA for your software. If it says you can make backups you can.

I remember back in the days of software on floppies. The manual would usually suggest that you imeadiatly make copies of the software and used the copies you made instead of you orginals.

You no longer buy software. You buy licenses that allow you to use their sofware. You are bound to the conditions of the license.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote