Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-02, 21:15   Link #1285
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ I am actually very shocked that you manage to do as well as you do with the Churchill VII without using the sidescrape maneuver. Going hulldown in the Church VII with it's flat armor means you'll get penned by most tanks at Tier 6, or you should at least. Sidescrape is by far generally viewed as the most effective way to utilise the entire Churchill series. The only exception may be the Black Prince, with over 200mm effective armor around much of its turret.
Many Tier 6 guns actually have difficulty penetrating the Churchill VII at the front, with only high-end TD guns at that tier being capable of consistently penetrating the 152mm front of a Churchill VII. Hell, some Tier VII guns have difficulty penetrating 152mm of armor due to having minimum penetration rolls below that number. Frontally, a VII is most vulnerable when its lower hull is exposed, which has much thinner armor, and most of the time I get killed frontally from Tier VI tanks it's always from getting said lower hull hit, or gunning after my MG and driver's ports at close range. Or as you pointed out, hits to the tracks, though it's 50/50 in my experience.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote