View Single Post
Old 2010-06-27, 07:25   Link #11789
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Abstract.

Can the Knox rules forbid the detective from fabricating hints to satisfy Knox 8th?

EDIT: And not so abstract. In Ep5, the following is said when Erika is introduced:

Bernkastel: "I proclaim that Furudo Erika is the detective. The detective is not the culprit. No proof is needed to show this."
Lambda: "There was an exception clause in the original, but for this game the detective isn't the culprit has been proclaimed in red, so you don't need to consider the exception."

Now wait a minute.
  1. I have so far failed to find a variant of Knox rules which would provide any exception to Knox 7th. What exception clause are they talking about?
  2. Do they really mean to say that Knox 7th applies to this game only? Really?...

EDIT EDIT: Aha! Found the true original.

Quote:
VII. The detective must not himself commit the crime. This applies only where the author personally vouches for the statement that the detective is a detective; a criminal may legitimately dress up as a detective, as in the Secret of Chimneys, and delude the other actors in the story with forged references
I wonder, did anything of the sort happen in Ep1-4?... That is, did anyone dress up as Battler?

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)

Last edited by Oliver; 2010-06-27 at 07:48.
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote