View Single Post
Old 2012-04-25, 08:20   Link #892
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
From my perpective, it's unlikely that Rinslet's sister broke any taboo like fornification at the same time as being the Water SPirit King's priestess. If it is, there's no way people don't know what she did wrong. Rather, it's something like accidently breaking the Spirit King's favourite relic what-so-ever(which was implied in the novel to be accidental). As far as I can see, it wasn't a crime that Rinslet's sister committed that got her into trouble. Rather, she accidently did something that incurred the Spirit King's disfavour--hence why I said dislike.
Even if it's just something trivial for us, remember that the spirits might have different set of law and moral value than human like I said. Just like how death penalty is a common law back in the day, maybe for the spirits freezing someone is an appropriate punishment for breaking a relic. You can't say that an executioner is evil back when death penalty is still practiced can't you?

As long as the novel hasn't explicitly or implicitly tells us that the spirit king act for the sake of making people suffer, I want to give them the benefit of doubt that the cruel and excessive action they do is just an appropriate punishment for their law and moral value
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote