View Single Post
Old 2012-12-21, 13:59   Link #30
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Kayaba is the villain in this scenario. He wasn't fighting a villian, He's not standing up for somekind of noble ideal, he's playing games with human lives. The idea that he can freely murder people without emotion is very messed up, since that shows that he has no guilt or remorse over his heinious actions... and that is quiet irredeemable.
So just because Kirito's the main character of the story that means what Kayaba was doing is villainous? Try looking at it from Kayaba's perspective for once, if he was killed by anyone that would completely destroy all of his ideals and his world along with it. He only came to the conclusion that Kirito needed to be killed in order to defend himself and his world.

The "creating and preserving a world" goal is not villainous. Folks are just using the excuse that people have died for the sake creating this "world" as a means to label him as a villain.

Quote:
First, not every game needs to have bosses; you can create an mmorpg without a single boss.
I wonder if you can give an example of an MMORPG without boss fights? Because I seriously doubt that's likely.

Quote:
Second if the only reason the bosses existed was to market his world as a game, then he only needed to have them in the beta version. In the official version he could have had all of the bosses locked out and given the players free access to all 100 floors; no one would notice the bosses were missing until after the players were trapped.
Then everyone would just leave on their own, making his hopes for a "world" entirely pointless. He needed to be able to keep the people in there somehow. Threat of death is unfortunately one of the most efficient things because humans have a self-preservation instinct.

Quote:
Third, He also did not have to give them encouragement to fight the bosses by offering them their freedom. By taking away their freedom, their hopes, dreams, family and friends and then offering it as a prize for beating the top floor he encouraged players to put their lives at risk knowing full well that thousands of them would die in the process. Without that offer, the players would have never even bothered to fight the first boss. He himself played a role as Heathcliff to further push the players to risking their lives... this was not necessarily if all he wanted to do was create a world
But by creating a "world", doesn't that give people an opportunity to make new hopes, dreams, family and friends? Hell it happened with Kirito, he made many new friends and even met the love of his life here. And there was a question that was posed partway though, "once the people get used to it, why would they even want to go back to the real world in he first place?"

And his only reason for proposing people they could escape by reaching the top floor was because if he didn't it's likely everyone would have just cowered in the starting city. He needed people to go out and think less of this place as "prison" and more of a "world".

Quote:
Its analysis. Kayaba himself was not sure why he started all this and only gave vague reasoning behind his actions, that of wanting to create a world of his own; his floating castle in the sky. We can then combine his words with his actions and the situation he created to logically put together what he was doing... And the pieces seem to lead to him playing a game with people's lives
No. His goal was to create a "world". That's all it was. You're just saying he was playing with people's lives because you want to make your point that he's an "irredeemable monster" correct. Sure his "I don't really remember" line was kind of bullshit, but that hardly suggests him being a guy playing games with people's lives.

Also if his goal was to play with lives as you say, wouldn't he be entertained by it? He's never shown any satisfaction or amusement towards anyone dying. A person entertained by this wouldn't just go "meh, whatever".

Quote:
Realistically impossible yes, but people will never stop trying and we will continue to condemn those that contribute to the chaos of the world... no good man would give a selfish monster like kayaba a free pass
Oh he would need to be punished yes indeed, but at the same time I would give him the opportunity for redemption because he shows the promise of doing so. (And in fact, has already done so in the series' storyline.)

Overall it just seems to me you can't empathize with Kayaba's goal to "create a world". Death is something necessary in a world so it needed to be there. Struggle is something necessary in a "world" so it needed to be there. You know what? The good things about a "world" were there too, and Kirito even experienced it himself first hand. I'd say if you were in Kayaba's "world" and all you saw was a "death game devised by some human monster", then you're completely missing the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I think this is a good idea to post this..

funny how the guy is also a hologram

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vax6ipkgGz8

This scene is perfect for the debate at hand. Thank you sir.~

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2012-12-21 at 14:12.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote