Thread: Licensed Date A Live
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-02, 21:30   Link #358
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
*punts Kotori* Annoying little...
How dare you! She's not annoying! If you don't want her to annoy you, then buy her a years supply of lollipops
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
Just think of it this way. I don't watch shows for ecchi fanservice shots. Therefore I tend to erase them from the overall standing and see what else is left. This show has horrible execution as an anime episode nonetheless.

For example, Hyakka Ryouran has a fantastic art direction that makes it a joy to watch with all those crazy ink splats, not to mention the dynamic fight scenes. This show has yet provide the equivalent
I don't understand. This is just the first episode of a LOW QUALITY pre-air, which obviously lacks an OP and an ED (yeah that's right, I honestly don't believe that *cough* star wars ED was the real ED. Do you think they'll be playing that game for the entire series?). Comparing it to Hyakka Ryouran, which has a full season and another coming up, is rather unfair. Now I love Hyakka Ryouran to death, but some people even have issues with that ink you like.

I'm getting the same kind of vibes here that I've seen for too many years now of people bashing Hollywood movies before they even enter pre-production. Now I don't judge people by their past, but the fact the director and script dude have a shakey past for this genre, viewers should have lower expectations, not "no expectations", just back up the truck for a bit.

For example, the action is just getting started. That doesn't make this a mediocre action series. Will there be more action? The premise has the protagonist going pacifist in dating the girl of action, so anyone coming to this series for action, will most likely have to keep in mind this may have an action scene for the first 2 eps, then maybe after 4-5 eps of slicey lifey there will be a little more action, and then maybe the finale will have more action. I don't read the novels, but many members here note how good it is, and if you go to the earlier pages, there were some serious unintentional spoilers that point to a bigger picture for this series than it's getting flak for. It has yet to provide the equivalent because.... it just started?

So for this series, I'm here for the value meal. The girls characters, the setting, a little action here, a little romance there, some pantsu here and some crotch there. That's what I've seen of the PV's and CM's so far, and episode 1 gave me that. This season has a lot of series with singular themes, and I honestly hope Date A Live can give me the "a little bit of everything" this season.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote