View Single Post
Old 2012-09-16, 01:11   Link #112
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
That would work only if it wasn't totally obvious the virtual world wasn't real, and in this case, it's not. Everyone in the game is aware that none of what they are currently experiencing is real, their bodies are only programmed to recognize it as so thanks to their helmets. The only exceptions that probably think otherwise are the ones who went insane after Kayaba made his announcement back at the beginning. (AKA PK guild members)
That it's a virtual world does not change the fact that they've been living in it for two years. The need for food and shelter, and the income required to get those did not go away. Treating SAO as real is practically a requirement to cope, and deal with the situation.

Quote:
No I don't really agree. I'd say the people who are on the first floor are people who aren't incredibly avid gamers, therefore they largely should be the ones to "treat is as an MMO" more than anyone else, because that's all it is to them.
The people on the first floor are the army who are based there, and those too frightened of death to develop sufficient levels and skills to live in a higher floor. Treating it as an MMO would be the last thing they do, as the fact that it's no longer an MMO, but a death game is the reason they're still there.

Quote:
If they weren't army soldiers extorting virtual money, out of them I'd probably be able to accept it. What is that going to accomplish? Getting them better items to protect people? Then why are they extorting money from folks if they're trying to protect everyone?
The "Army" is just a guild that was the most powerful frontline guild until they got reemed by the floor 25 boss. That didn't stop their rhetoric about fighting to get everyone out, or the tendency of some members to see it as the average player's duty to support them. We already saw this at play with the Army squad leader demanding valuable map data be handed over for free. These soldiers exhorting money are just the low level extension of that. Calling it a tax is just putting a pretty name on it to make it sound like they have the moral high ground.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote