View Single Post
Old 2011-01-28, 13:20   Link #28
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
Snip
Most of the convention weapons in IS' universe are mostly slightly more advanced versions (Using US standard, in before military technobabble) of Ticonderoga-class missile cruisers and Nimitz class Carriers with F/22 from local airbases for support.

I can see some plotholes with that, that was actually addressed in another forum. The whole idea is that Magi's enemies rarely have an IS on their side, maybe Phantom Task would help but given their feminist agenda and belief the IS is the only thing they need for world conquest. So at the moment, Magi's AC is "Adequate" by military standards, he can take down MTs without a problem thanks to the OP-I which gives him much more firepower than the average Bipedal AC in battle (Who are usually stuck with missiles or Radar as back units. A good thing when you are facing off against OWLs and other ECM using enemy units). This is why combined arms for MTs are stressed in battle the MT85s provide tanking for the other units. MT07s/MT91s for artillery support.

This goes straight to hell against IS but is often a challenge for Ravens unprepared for their combined arms tactics that some groups will employ to different levels of skill.

And I won't have Magi piloting White Glint (strong believer of only O'Brian can use the NEXT), maybe a modified Global Arament NEXT customized to remind him of his old AC, but that was what he came in with.