View Single Post
Old 2011-07-09, 13:10   Link #233
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yet the mobile dolls beating the shit out of the Deathscythe and Shenlong was more like it was needed for plot advancement more than anything else. For the majority of Gundam Wing, the Gundams were practically invincible, and they rarely ever acted like they were in trouble. Combine that with how easily the Gundams wiped out their opposition...

The only time the Gundams and their pilots felt they were really in trouble was when they went up against one-off machines like the Tallgeese, Vayeate, and Mercurius, and hell, does anyone remember the Tallgeese ever doing actual, visible damage to a Gundam? I sure as hell don't.

Ultimately, it wasn't like in Gundam 00's second season against the GN-XIIIs and Aheads, or (as I'm sure many a UC fan could attest to) like it was in various UC shows where a regular mobile suit was strong as, if not superior, to whatever Gundam there was in the show.

Don't get me wrong, Gundam Wing was my first Gundam show as well and I still love it, but that doesn't mean I'm blind to its faults.