View Single Post
Old 2012-10-15, 23:16   Link #46
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
What i don't like the most about male leads in harem stories are :

1) Whenever cliche scene happens (naked girl in front of you/suddenly grope a girl's breast), the male leads can only freeze in place without anything to do but waiting for a slap or punch (and making excuse that he's innocent. At least do something, dude!)

2) Harem story usually started out very interesting, but as it dragged on, it just degraded itself into the same old story of the male leads helping girls and girls falling for him, plus the typical violent jealousy but outright denial from the girls (WHAM! "I'm hitting you because....because you're a pervert and not because I like you or I'm jealous, okay? Don't misunderstand me!")

3) Male leads are oftenly overrated as a protagonist - everyone is making him out to be an awesome protagonist, but actually he ends up doing the same thing most protagonists do in the end, get beaten up by the girls for sexually harrassing them (in a comedic manner) or screws up at crucial moments. Plus he may look like he has a harem, but he actually does nothing with them at all.
Man, why're your conditions very hard to fulfill here (especially the number 2, since ALL harem stories work that way)? Somehow i feel that you're just throwing tantrum about your "general dislike" of harem stories.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote