View Single Post
Old 2013-01-25, 15:05   Link #5671
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It was Azrail’s ego that makes him wants to humiliate Uzumi (assuming he took your advise by not killing himself and continue living either forced to surrender or captured as a prisoner).
If anything, Azrael would just kill Uzumi.
Quote:
You know, contrasting public opinion doesn’t have to go all-out civil war like you said. Some little crowd of protestors shown is good enough (ORB has been a peaceful country for a while, the citizens aren’t use to violence, let alone committing all-out civil war in such a short time). Plus, the wedding took place not long enough with the deals, so large scale uprising at the moment is very unlikely.
Except they're living in a world where information can travel fast. There's enough time to form a protest. Beside, do you really think Cagalli is the type of person who would go through with it if people were protesting the idea?
Quote:
Your opinion is as valid as mine.
It's not just an opinion. Uzumi had two mobile suits that could go toe to toe with the AF's newest Gundams and even beat them given their better cooperation. It's a fact that he could do better at utilizing them to defend Orb.
Quote:
Forming an Alliance to help exterminate an entire race? With that said race also a large part of ORB's citizens? The treaty might not blatantly stated it, but Uzumi already saw through the Federation's true objective (lead by Azrail).
I'm not talking about Uzumi in SEED. I'm talking about the Seirans in Destiny.
Quote:
Well, I don’t know about you, but I personally think it’s not an option.
I didn't say you have to agree with it. Personally, I don't either.
Quote:
As for ORB, once again, the alliance simply doesn’t go well with their ideals.
Of course not.
Quote:
Also, the “Alliance” is just in-name-only imo
Sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Indeed, but it's not all or nothing. It was a serious point that they had broken the ideal of neutrality but just because they broke it in one situation doesn't suddenly mean it means nothing to them.
They broke it 2 or 3 times in SEED.
Quote:
Exactly. There is some leeway as long as they commit to the core ideal.
If you give a leeway for one of the claims, then you have to give a leeway for another. Thus, by joining the Alliance in Destiny, then Orb forms into a relationship with other nations on Earth. And any conflict that the Alliance has is also Orb's conflict.

Remember, the reason given for the war in Destiny was the Junius 7 drop, which also affected Orb.

If neither you nor Obelisk is willing to give that leeway for Orb in Destiny, then the other choice is for you guys to accept that these are truly not so fundamental to Orb such that the government may change them without having any significant dissension from the people.
Quote:
Orb was a participant the moment the Earth Alliance attacked them.
If that was how you interpret it, then Orb was a participant the moment they helped build the Gundams. And yet Uzumi still refused to get into the war. So no, the fact that Orb had a conflict with the AF doesn't give them the right (under their own ideals) to interfere in a conflict between the AF and the PLANTs.
Quote:
Exactly like they did...
Yeah, by ignoring those ideals when it doesn't suit them, and then upholding it once it becomes convenient again.
Quote:
Episode 24 and 25

The meeting with Kira and Athrun was reasonably well done but Athrun never really addressed the problem of the attempted assassination of Lacus Clyne. He just said that it being the Chairman is jumping to conclusions. Whilst that may be true, Kira and Lacus have to consider all options so they're perfectly right not to trust the Chairman just yet. Their lives are on the line after all. Athrun should've promised that the assassination would be investigated.

Episode 28

I don't like the way they've made Kira so much stronger than Athrun (I thought they were equals?) but that was still a very good episode. Brutality and tragedy all round.
Did you skip phase 26-27? One of them may be a recap episode.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote