View Single Post
Old 2008-08-24, 01:11   Link #251
KoiNoDensetsu
今日、海をみた。もう恐くない。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Venus View Post
nippon-export.com (owned by matthew) is really a lot cheaper. It's english-based. I was wavering between that and amazon.co.jp, since nippon didn't have some of the newer (and older) releases, but decided to go with nippon and emailed them to request manga by ISBN. They found them all for me and the shipping was a lot cheaper.

That site doesn't seem to have as high prices as most other English based sites, but it still seems to be higher than amazon's. Buying a volume of I''s Complete Edition (Wideban... or whatever it's called) costs 980 yen on amazon, but costs 1127 yen on Nippon-Export. It's the same with other manga.

Thanks, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taku-kun
I go to

Borders
Anime Nation
Otaku Goods
Yes Asia
I'm not sure if your responding to me (probably not), but those places don't have very good selections (or prices) of Japanese manga either.

Which reminds me, is Borders even supposed to carry Japanese manga? I remember one time I went to a large store far away from me and they had a Japanese tankoban of Pastel. They had the English edition of the same volume right next to it, so I was shocked to see it. The only indication of it being at all English was a sticker on the back of it with the price ($10.95). I wonder if they somehow received a Japanese volume from their warehouse, or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalN00b
See username, this is my first post here because it's the best resource I found whilst googling. I'm trying to learn to read Japanese, and I'd love to get my hands on some Japanese manga to help immerse myself. My usual site for ordering from Japan so far has been 1999.co.jp (/eng), and only because of their great navigation and Gundam model selection. They only sell erotic manga as far as I can tell, which is where my problem lies.

Specifically, one manga I'd really love to get is (Kureyon/Crayon) Shin-chan. Mostly, I find the comics hilarious and from what I've seen they have the small kana for aiding people who haven't picked up their kanji yet. When I search amazon.co.jp though, all I can find is something that translates to "Shin-Chan the Little Horror". Hope the link works.

What the heck is this product? Also, on 90% of the sites I've checked, they might even picture the Japanese version of the manga but they're really selling the American translation when I check reviews. Does anyone have any suggestions for stores or ways to ensure I'm getting the Japanese version (aside from writing and requesting, which I could do as a last resort)?
Well, I'm not into ero-manga, so that site won't help me, LOL.

As for クレヨンしんちゃん (Shin-chan), check here. If you ever want to find Shin-chan manga without that link, just copy-and-past the Japanese characters I posted before the link.

You're not going to be able to find many Japanese manga without typing in hiragana/katakana. To find out how to type in Japanese, google "How to type in Japanese". If you don't want to do that (you should), you can copy-and-paste the characters that animenewsnetwork posts under their Alternate Title column on each individual encyclopedia page.

You might also want to check out hesjapanese.com. That's a good site to learn Japanese from.
KoiNoDensetsu is offline   Reply With Quote