View Single Post
Old 2013-09-14, 16:27   Link #43
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrala View Post
I think it was more than just the risk of losing the data for Mikoto. She's realised Nunotaba is also in a tight fix here. I think it's a way of her telling fish-eyes that she's made the right decisions (telling Febli about mikoto etc.) and that she's not afraid to sacrifice alot for the little girl. Obviously, she also doesn't want Nunotaba to get caught up in more conflict than necessary. It's just the kind of person she is.
A much better way of showing Shinobu that she made the right choice in trusting Misaka would be for her to beat up the bad guy and solve everythig right there. And what do you mean not get her caught up in conflict? There wouldn't have been a conflict. Misaka would have destroyed that guy in half a second. A level 5 vs an unarmed level 0 (a normal level 0 not like Touma) can only have one ending. Not to mention that Febri's life > Shinobu's feelings.

Quote:
I'll say this: Most of you are overestimating a person's capacity to act in such a situation. I doubt any one of us could have done better than Mikoto.
I'm not claiming I could have. But Mikoto certainly could have. She's not some damsel in distress and this isn't her first tense situation. She could easily have thought this through, and she only didn't because of poor writing.