View Single Post
Old 2010-07-05, 22:01   Link #2278
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
In regards to Shkanon and Beatrice there really has been something I've been wondering about from this conversation. From the beginning we've beleived that Beatrice itself is a human dressed up in a disguise. This comes from a statement from Kyrie that "if anyone were dressing up as that the women would be the number one suspects". Shkanontrice Introduces an unnecessary layer on top of that. That is: a disguise on top of a disguise. The only evidence we have for a Beatrice disguise itself is that people are suspicious of one. Other than statements suggesting a disguise exists no more than two people at a time have ever seen it and even when Battler did he never saw it up close. A Kanon disguise on the other hand has no such statements and only exists to make the theory work, which is not entirely a problem if you suppose this original person is a "Chinaman" that has expertise in disguise (and you wouldn't put it past him), but then your looking for completely different kinds of hints.

That's my little rundown now where does it lead? Suppose that none of these disguises or personalities exists, what does it leave us with? If the Beatrice disguise does not exist that means people are lying about what they saw. So all we're left with is a murderer and no disguise. If the Kanon disguise does not exist all we have is Shannon (or whoever you associate Kanon with) with Kanon not being seen anywhere becuase he does not exist and therefore cannot be seen. So if that's the narrative that means there are less problems and not more.
A mystery novel is supposed to have problems, we are supposed to figure out the solution. That's just my take on the matter. Anyways, Battler has seen Beatrice so a disguise for Beatrice must exist.