View Single Post
Old 2010-08-08, 20:18   Link #23644
Chupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicstar View Post
Sorry for all you Kallen fans out there, but I actually felt quite a bit of animosity towards Kallen from the moment she felt betrayed by Zero whom the Black Knights/Schneizer revealed was Lelouch until her monologue in the last episode. It's so wrong for her to be happy and relishing in the future that Lelouch gave up his life to create when she turned her back on him.

Maybe the reason I really despise her so much is because she posed such a strong threat to Lelouch in his rise to power. She was a first rate pilot with a top of the line Knightmare and she was capable of taking out Lelouch's people with ease, aside from Suzaku (although I still haven't figured out if Suzaku's defeat was intentional for the realization of Zero Requiem, I mean what if he accidentally really died? who the hell would carry out Lelouch's assassination?)

Anyways just wanted to throw my two cents out there. If only Kallen was as loyal to "Zero" as Rolo was to Lelouch I would have respected her more. Perhaps she's just too headstrong for my likings. Particularly in one of the finals scenes where she was teary-eyed upon seeing Zero/Suzaku kill Lelouch. I almost wanted to laugh in her face for having been so blind until then, if I wasn't already so sad by Lelouch's death. And I thought Shirley's death was sad, boy was I wrong.

I'm fine with a ShirleyXLelouch or even CCXLelouch but I will never stand for a KallenXLelouch pairing.

I know no one asked for my opinion but I just wanted to vent out some steam here.
I'm struggling to come to terms with how you managed to miss obvious and yet key flaws to your entire point of view. Before judging Kallen you must understand her most prominent loyalties; Her family, Japan, Lelouch/Zero and the Black Knights. You must also understand Lelouch's actions and intentions. He could have included Kallen in his final plans but he chose not to, to save her. For Kallen to have stayed by Lelouch's side, after all the evidence, all the thoughts from other black knights, after Lelouch became the enemy of the entire world (including Japan), it would have required her to abandon all other loyalties. That isn't logical, it's uncharacteristic and would have led to Kallen not being able to live a normal life after ZR. For his participation Suzaku had to abandon everything and become Zero. It's also likely that others closely involved, such as Jeremiah, would have to live in hiding mostly.

You should reevaluate your point of view and look closely at what it would have meant for Kallen to stay by Lelouch's side.
Chupps is offline   Reply With Quote