View Single Post
Old 2009-04-20, 17:58   Link #1
CC
♥ 無情この世はすべて
*Fansubber

Touhou (東方) Themes // Remixes

About Touhou
The Touhou Project is a series of 2D vertically-scrolling danmaku shooting games made by Team Shanghai Alice, with two fighting game spinoffs co-produced with Tasogare Frontier. They are similar to regular shooting games, but focus more on weaving through complex patterns containing anywhere from dozens to hundreds of bullets. Every game in the Touhou series is set in the fantasy land of Gensokyo, and the series is known for its huge cast of characters, well-developed storylines, and related materials such as music CDs and fan-made comics.

About the Music
As mentioned above, Touhou has gained a lot of popularity via its soundtrack, and that's what this topic is going to focus on. Many people are likely aware of IOSYS, a group that has obtained memetic popularity by doing covers of Touhou related music. Well, IOSYS isn't the only group to do such things - there are many other notable groups, a few of them being ALiCE'S EMOTiON, COOL&CREATE, CROW'SCLAW, EastNewSound, Innocent Key and many, many others.

About this Topic
Originally, I started a topic for Flandre's theme (U.N. Owen Was Her?) over here, and shortly after, I realized that we'd likely be better off with a topic dedicated to Touhou mixes entirely. Eventually, herbert suggested the same, and this topic came to life. The whole first paragraph (About Touhou) was taken from Touhou Wiki.

Thread Rules
  • If it's Touhou related music, you're allowed to post it. This includes MADs, etc.
  • Similar songs are allowed to be shared, just try to avoid reposts of the exact same ones.
  • Try to be constructive when commenting on songs, try not to flame, avoid posts that are nothing but "WOW! That's so cool!"
  • Follow AnimeSuki rules when posting, this one is obvious enough.

External Links
- Touhou OST List
- Touhou Mix Groups
- Song List by Game (Non-CD)

CC is offline   Reply With Quote