View Single Post
Old 2010-12-25, 07:00   Link #20341
Pika_power

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan_mccormik View Post
What do you guys think Ryukishi07 will write about after Umineko?

Ryukishi07 has written 2 stories so far in his When They Cry series: There is Higurashi, which has Eastern motifs such as tataris, ancient japanese curses and other distinctly japanese occult types of things. In contrast, Umineko has a more Western feel to it; We mostly see references to western literature such as Dante's Divine Comedy and Agatha Christie novels and various western occult figures.

After Umineko no naku koro ni, I predict that he'll go with one of the two remaining cardinal directions: Northern and Southern. By southern, I mean that the next work will be more influenced by cultures of the southern hemisphere, which includes African Voodoo, South American Santa Muerte, or whatever occult figures that Australian Aboriginals believe in.

If he goes with the Northern cardinal direction, he'll probably just write something involving Santa Claus.

Or Ryukishi07 could also possibly abandon cardinal directions and go with up/down. He could write something sorta like a hard sci-fi murder mystery in an orbital space station (such as the International Space Station) UP above earth. Or write about the legends of the mole people DOWN below.

Thinking about all the possible names for the future works is kinda fun too.
When penguins cry: Pengun no naku koro ni ペンギンのなく頃に
When kangaroos cry: Kangaruu no naku koro ni カンガルーのなく頃に
When they cry in space: Uchu ni kikoenai no naku koro ni 宇宙に聞こえないのなく頃に
I think a sci-fi would be an interesting direction for Ryuukishi to go. He's delved into all other genres, so we're in need of an Uchu ni Kikoenai no Naku Koro ni.
Pika_power is offline   Reply With Quote