View Single Post
Old 2007-02-14, 21:38   Link #75
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

Am I the ONLY person who believe Kyoto Animation doesn't need to make an Original Animation?
As I like to put it...Who Dares, Wins. Just because they've found their niche at being good novel adaptors doesn't mean they can't venture out. It's fun to expect the unexpected....and seeing myriads of fake spoilers. :P

In a way, technically the same argument can probably hold true for Sunrise and Madhouse. Madhouse has proven time and time that their manga adaptions are respectable and worthy adaptions, even to extents of it being better than their source material, due to extra executions made possible by animation while Sunrise too had proven that they're good at light shounen adaptions and rewritings, also made it's point by their overall improvement of Yakitate Japan by improving the pacing, the puns and the writing in the last quarter of the show, Keroro because Sunrise loves Gundam, Gintama by being...Gintama, and recently Kekkaishi by cut-and-pasting/rewriting/repace/reanimate/lenghten episodic chapters so that they flow better than their chapterish episodic manga counterpart. Well, Inuyasha wasn't very good, but I can't blame them. Inuyasha shows few signs of ending, but more recently though. But even so, they have their fair share of original animations and other works too. In a perfect world, Kyoto Animation would be animating every light novel in existence, but we're not in a perfect world and we'd have to settle with what that can be done.

Nobody's asking Kyoto Animation to stop doing what they're excelling at. That's dumb. It's like asking Sunrise to stop making Gundam. It's just that it's interesting to see people try something different.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote