View Single Post
Old 2012-12-02, 12:23   Link #84
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
I kinda felt that there was too much focus on Saki's ass this week... no really a lot of camera shifts this time that focuses on her ass...
Crotch shots, too. The direction has a subtle "male gaze" approach that emphasizes how tight Saki's pants are with a few lines that hint of what's inside.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

That said, I thought Saki looked especially beautiful in this episode. Maybe it's the long hair, but she did not look cute the way she did in earlier episodes. A foreshadowing, perhaps, of her 26-year-old self?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Now for some speculation....

I wonder whether Saki has more power than either she or we have been led to believe. While she attributes her ability to fight off the cat to Shun's necklace, I suspect that is not really the true explanation. Wearing the charm made her believe in her own abilities more and enhanced her effectiveness. All along it was suggested that the cats were much more powerful than the humans, but perhaps that's just another of the myths the children have been taught to keep them under control.

I'll just add that I thought this was the best episode so far. The artwork is often stunning despite what you might think about the directorial style. The exteriors were especially impressive like the scene with the aurora over Shun's house. I don't find arguing over who loved whom more especially constructive either. I'm much more interested in the storyline than in shipping the characters. Besides, as someone else said, they're fourteen and just on the threshold of understanding "love." Let's see who ends up with whom when they are all twenty-six.