View Single Post
Old 2006-12-31, 11:35   Link #90
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Look closely at Yuuichi's face right after.

I don't know about most people, but to me it looks like he doesn't buy her explanation at all, or at least is dubious about it.
Yuuichi obviously has doubts, but decides not to pursue the matter any further until either Kaori or Shiori decides to reveal more facts to him themselves. He's the sort of nice person that doesn't push people for the stuff as long as it's not really urgent, realizing they probably have reasons for not telling him.

Quote:
As for Yuuichi's 'confession', I would agree with what people have said here, but considering he tacked on Sayuri's name in the same phrase, I find it hard to believe its a romantic confession. One of the reasons why I learned to hate the word 'suki' over my anime watching years; it's just too darn ambiguous. XD
Yes, "suki" can be a very ambiguous word. The closest English equivalent would have to be "like", (e.g. I like my mom, or I like Nayuki a lot. ) But even that's not definite enough. This allows writers to make their characters feelings as ambiguous as possible and can still be open to all sorts of interpretations.

A more exact, less ambiguous phrase would be "aishiteru" but it's just not as subtle and elegant as "suki".