View Single Post
Old 2012-12-18, 01:21   Link #202
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Moving this from the image thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
I would have to disagree, but my knowledge only stems from SAO-Anime version.

From what I recall from Episode 1 or 2 was it, they said that the machine analyzed their "body" when they first made an account to play. Thus, this would suggest that even if 10 years pass, they would still look like what they looked like 10 years ago when the machine first analyzed their bodies.

The only thing that I would deem possible is if they programmed an auto-aging tool that uses your base figure as a starting point, and applies some kind of algorithm to age you in-game.
Well, MY point was that in the two years they were logged in, due to the circumstances their malnutrition and their atrophy would prevent their bodies from growing/changing much, if at all, so as far as this topic goes (whether Asuna's measurements in-game match her real-life measurements) their in-game avatars are still the same/very similar to their real life bodies, so there isn't any real need for the technology to apply such an algorithm.

Though it really wouldn't surprise me if Kayaba programmed something like that in there...