View Single Post
Old 2013-04-01, 03:39   Link #92
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Love Live!'s story might not be as complex as, say, many a Gundam would be
- It would depend on which Gundam series you're talking about. Some have complex storylines that make sense at the end, others are just a hodgepodge of stuff that eventually becomes a trainwreck. Even among Gundam fans there's no agreement.

Complexity of plot is just one factor. Storytelling method and medium is another. You could have a really straightforward story that still becomes apealing because of the way it's delivered. Or you can have a crazy, convoluted plot that's just pure gibberish because delivery was awful.

Question with the anime is: What are you trying to do? With most mainstream anime, the answer is simple: Sell more product.

Quote:
Let's say you were pitching Madoka Magica to someone who says "Sorry, but I'm just not into magical girl anime.
- The question is whether the individual person you're pitching it to does actually want to see something new or something different done with a story, or if they're that closed-minded. I still hear a lot of arguments about Madoka Magica starting with someone declaring it to be "Another Sailor moon ripoff" (Yes I hear these arguments a lot inside anime shops). Considering that the anime has been out for a while, anyone who's actually open about it would have googled it by now and gotten some clue.

Some do, many don't.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote