View Single Post
Old 2006-06-05, 16:42   Link #252
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

Quote:
As for the other Gae Bolg...I have never seen it in action...and I won't bother posting it up because:
a) It's damned hard enough for me to find those up down left right arrows, and I don't want to bother drawing/looking for arrows corrosponding to 1379...
b) I don't think any of us here in tihs forum will go buy a pro joystick just for this game...
But some of us already have the pro joystick!

Don't get me wrong; it's difficult to make that movement with the keyboard, but not so much. I manage to do it one of each 3 times. If you botch it, it often comes out as Gae Bolg normal version, though. I might post a demo.

But it has one of the coolest animations in the game, in which the camera zooms to a diagonal shot of Lancer throwing the spear, like this. Which was directly inspired by this CG from the original game (one of my favorite combat CGs), making it even cooler!

And actually, it's rather difficult to fight back Gilgamesh. Even if you get close enough, he abuses that damned unblockable scythe (421B) to keep you at bay, and he can use sword spamming as a guard attack. Dealing with delayed sword spams is rather painful, too. And dealing with GoB+Enuma Elish is impossible, so you have to kill him before he fills his combo gauge.
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote