View Single Post
Old 2004-03-24, 08:45   Link #17
BladeMasterZing

I have to say Yassop is a very irresponsible man.

The 2 arguments that say yassop is a great man is
1)He is a nomad at heart and his wife knows that, so its perfectly fine that he left
2)He is trying to teach Ussop how to follow his own path.

1)
His wife loves him, thats why even though she knew yassop will leave her one day to be a pirate, she still marry him and bear him a son.

This is contradict to love. If yassop wife will sacrifice the rest of her life for yassop, we should expect yassop to sacrifice something for her. So how will u like, if you love someone so much, then someday this person left ya, ESPECIALLY after you bore a son. Then you spend the rest of your life trying to take care of the son until you got sick and died while hoping your soul mate will return. If yassop is such a great man, he will not have married. Great man not only think about themselves, but also for others. Especially someone so close to you like a soul mate.

2)
Teaching ussop to follow his own path? You mean leaving him alone with his mother, join one of the most powerful pirate group and shooting evil pirates dead to sastify his nomadic heart? I always thought a father should stay by his son to teach him, how are you going to teach your son something so uncommon and sophiscated without staying by your son? Fatherless children has some mental problems that normal children dont have. Ussop happens to be very talented or it is because this is just an anime.

I think this is year 2000 ish, where woman and man are equal. Its not perfectly fine for a gentleman to desert his own wife and son. How will you like if your father is to leave you with your mother just so he can sastisfy his childlish dream of dominating something like the sea, enjoying his life. To compensate you, he will talk to his buddies about you all the time. Maybe if this is the 17th century, its perfectly public acceptable that a man can leave their family to strike it on their own in another country. As much as history proves, these men who left their hometown usually remarried and never returned. Even those that returned has sastify their lust frequently with prositutes and some had even brought another wife home?
BladeMasterZing is offline   Reply With Quote