View Single Post
Old 2012-01-02, 14:15   Link #15951
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Now, considering that Touma touched a bunch of unconscious people early on the novel (when he checked the health of the Anti-skill crew and when he moved the people out of the falling restaurant onto the street) and none of them woke up we have that it's likely that Divine Punishment works constantly on the target until the spell is destroyed, and thus it's likely that Touma's hand can negate the spell before it targets a person, but not after that happens.
*sigh* this is getting more and more confusing. Well, the spell was obviously permanent to begin with (Superman explicitly said that destroying the cross was the only way to wake the victims). Also, I reckon there wasn't the usual imagine breaker activation sound unlike with Tsuchimikado when he touched them (at least I don't remember there was or is it me?) nor they did temporarily get better (like LO or Tsuchimikado again). So it's better to assume from that position that the body itself isn't directly targeted by the spell (thus IB won't even temporarily alter the spell by touching them ... the target must be the soul or the spirit itself and the lack of oxygen is just an aftereffect and leaving the question if IB can really protect Touma against such a spell) or that Touma just didn't touch "where he should have touched" ... or it's just a huge plot-hole.
But regardless of DP, C2F is still right there's still many inconsistencies in there, for instance : people can't read his mind but Aureolus can mess up with it