View Single Post
Old 2009-06-17, 18:46   Link #41
marvelB

Hahaha.... wow, that color spread is awesome. I'm actually a bit surprised that Inazuma's not black and white, but I think the colors still suit him pretty well nonetheless. Still, it's pretty rare to see a color spread without the entire Straw-Hat crew present.... I guess it really IS going to be a good while before they come back to the main story......

Anyway, I checked out the full summary for the chapter. It turns out that Magellan's "Hell's Judgement" attack (which looks INSANE, by the way) is an acidic type of poison (in fact, he calls it something like a "giant toxic warrior"), so needless to say, Mr. 3's wax upgrades are useless against him. Also, out at sea, Jinbei further messes with the marines by getting their gunpowder all wet. He then calls Luffy via the denden mushi and says that everyone should jump out at sea so he can fetch them. Interestingly enough, Luffy was the one who gave Iva the idea of Death Winking everyone onto Jinbei's whale shark buddies, heh.

Anyway, even though everyone escaped, I still doubt that Magellan's done with them yet. He brought out his ultimate weapon, and going by shonen logic, that would mean that the poison man's going to go down pretty soon. So maybe he'll pursue Luffy and co. with Venom Road and end up taking the final stretch of the battle out to sea......