View Single Post
Old 2012-09-20, 16:43   Link #47
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Apparently this is from the Animation Material Translation Booklet, by Gen Urobuchi himself:

Spoiler:

Which to me just sounds like a bunch of BS excuses ufotable paid him to write in order to calm down the raging fans.
It sounds like good reasoning to me honestly. Ultimately, they wanted to use what would work in the episode as opposed to just animating the scenes without any care to how they fit in the overall flow of the episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
So if that's the excuse for the flashbacks of Gil & Enkidu + Saber & Lancelot...

What's their excuse if there's no Gil vs Grail scene?
How exactly would anyone animate that? Have Gilgamesh talk to himself while walking out of the mud? Give the scene an omnipresent narrator? Have the grail speak?

That was one scene that couldn't be translated into a visual medium without leaving a lot of people confused as to what is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Wow this is really disappointing. That reasoning just doesn't work whatsoever. It was more jarring to leave the scene as is than to switch point of views, even if just a little.
Assuming you are talking about the Saber/Berserker fight, I didn't see it as being jarring at all, rather it gave the feeling of being lacking, until we seen the final episode and saw that they simply moved Lancelot's speech to cap off Saber's final moments before re-contracting with the world.